Last updated August 25, 2008.
1. Information Collected: Quinte Broadcasting may collect two types of information: personal information ("Personal Information") and aggregated non-personally identifiable information ("Aggregated Information"). Personal Information includes information such as your name, user name, address, postal code, telephone number, e-mail address, IP address, age, intentions, preferences and opinions. We do not collect Personal Information except when you provide it on a voluntary basis. Aggregated Information will include information that is anonymous, such as the type of browser you are using, general non-identifying demographic information and other such non-personally identifiable information.
4. Privacy and Children's Use Guidelines: Quinte Broadcasting does not market or direct the Sites toward children. Nevertheless it is possible for children, without prior parental consent, to publicly post or distribute Personal Information or any other information which might identify users within chat rooms, forums, message boards or in user groups. Quinte Broadcasting encourages parents and guardians to be aware of and to participate in their children's online activities. We will not knowingly register, communicate with or otherwise collect Personal Information from anyone who indicates that they are younger than 13 years old without the prior verifiable consent of their parent or guardian.
6. Cookies: When you visit the Sites, we or a third-party advertiser may store or recognize some information on your computer in the form of a "cookie" or similar file. "Cookies" are small text files that identify an individual computer's browser entering the Sites. They do not pose a security threat to you. No personal information is stored within the cookies. Cookies allow us to track a browser's movement through the Sites over several sessions which enable the Sites to recognize repeat visitors, facilitate access to and use of the Sites and to allow the Sites to track usage behaviour that will enable content improvement and allow us to tailor our Sites to better match your interests and preferences. If you do not want cookies placed on your computer, you can erase cookies from your computer hard drive, block cookies or receive a warning before a cookie is stored. Most Internet browsers or other software will allow you to do this. Please refer to your browser instructions or help screen to learn more about these functions. If you reject cookies, functionality of the Sites may be severely limited and you may not be able to take advantage of many of the Sites' features.
7. Forums and Guest Books: From time to time the Sites may feature forums such as message boards, guest books or chat rooms which enable our users to communicate with each other. Quinte Broadcasting does not moderate and is not responsible for the content that you or any user posts on any forum on the Sites. All information you post in a forum, chat area, guest book or message board becomes public information and may be viewed, collected and used by any visitor to the Sites, and may expose you to unsolicited messages. This is beyond our control and Quinte Broadcasting is not responsible if your information is intercepted. We recommend that you do not post on any forum private information about yourself or other individuals.
8. Linking Third Party Content/Web Sites: The Sites provide on-line streaming and other third party content and Quinte Broadcasting is not responsible for any such third party content, spoken word or music that you may access through the Sites. The Sites also contain links from and to sites operated by our business partners and other independent third parties. Once you leave the Sites, you may or may not see a new URL in the location bar. Please review the linked site's and third party content provider's privacy policies, and if you do not agree to be bound by the terms of the policies governing that provider and/or site, terminate your use of that service or your visit to the site. The linked sites and those subsequently linked from them are not under the influence or control of Quinte Broadcasting and may have their own privacy, data collection and use policies. We are not responsible for the policies, practices or content of sites other than our Sites.
9. Security: Any unauthorized use of the Sites may result in criminal and/or civil prosecution. Quinte Broadcasting has policies and procedures in place to protect the privacy and confidentiality of your information that we collect and maintain, including contracts with third parties that manage the information provided by you. These Sites have reasonable security measures in place to protect against the loss, misuse or interception of your information. To help ensure the privacy of your information, we urge you not to share your user name and password with anyone and recommend that you change your password frequently and store it in a safe place. If you are asked to create a user name or password, please select words that do not personally identify you. We may offer "auto login" which allows users to enter member areas of our Sites without re-entering password information. You may want to disable auto login on your "Set Up" page if you are not the only person using your computer. It is up to you to fully understand the risks and threats of using the public Internet and to be sufficiently aware of those risks to adequately protect your information. Quinte Broadcasting's advice herein is provided as a guideline only, and it is up to the user to remain current and exercise care when using the Internet. You should seek professional advice on protecting your privacy and evaluating the security of the information systems you are using. Quinte Broadcasting assumes no liability for interception, alteration or misuse of information transmitted over the Internet.
If you have any concerns about privacy procedures at our Sites:
Email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
or write us at:
Attn: Web Privacy,
Quinte Broadcasting Company Limited
P.O. Box 488
10 South Front Street
Please make any communications as complete and descriptive as possible, and we will attempt to respond promptly to your concerns.