Career Edge is here to help.
Career Edge has been providing employment services since 2001 and has offices in Campbellford, Napanee, Northbrook, Picton and Trenton. Career Edge provides a variety of Employment Ontario services for Youth and Adults. Whether you are looking for your first job or your last, or you’re an employer needing employment services, Career Edge is here to help. And services are provided free of charge.
Your job is out there and we’ll help you find it. At a time when 70 percent of all new jobs require post-secondary education or enhanced skills training, Employment Ontario helps people get the skills needed to compete in today’s workforce. We also help employers connect with workers.
If you need help finding a job, putting together a resumé, improving your interview techniques, or upgrading your skills, Career Edge is here for you. We are your one-stop shop for all the help you need to find the job you’re looking for.
Listen Tuesday and Thursday mornings at 8:50 for the week’s latest job listings in our region. Brought to you by Career Edge and Mix 97.
This week’s job postings
A Marmora area Electrical Contractor is seeking an Electrician to assist with new home and renovation projects.
- Wiring and electrical services for home owners
- Provide excellent customer service
- Maintaining a clean and safe work site
- Driver’s license, acceptable driving abstract and reliable transportation to the shop is required
- Previous residential experience is required
- Current knowledge of all code regulations for residential construction is required
- Capable of working independently, own basic tools
- Position is full time, Monday –Friday with occasional overtime
- Third or fourth Year apprentices are also welcome to apply
- Wage range is $25-$30/hr depending on experience
Apply by email to email@example.com
Previous job postings
Precision Plate Ltd. Located in Trenton is seeking a fulltime Quality Control Inspector for immediate employment.
- Will be performing inspections to prescribed methods or specifications
- Sign off on manufacturing orders of completed inspections
- Completing certification of compliance reports
- Generating NCR’s on components, systems, etc. found to be discrepant
- Performing all work in compliance with the Occupational Health & Safety Act, WHMIS and company safety policies
- Demonstrates the willingness and dexterity to perform tedious and repetitive tasks
- Able to function within a team environment with minimal supervision
- Is able to complete multiple tasks within set deadlines
- Demonstrates good interpersonal skills
- Attention to detail and fine motor skills
- Adequate eyesight to visually inspect for plating surface defects with a microscope and unaided eye
- Not subject to colour blindness
- Must be able to provide a criminal record check upon offer of employment
- Grade Twelve Diploma and experience in a manufacturing environment preferred
Wage is $15.00/hr to start – Fulltime Day shift- Benefits after probationary period
Please apply only in the manner indicated and the employer represented will not be accepting phone calls or resumes for the posted position.
Please apply by email with resume attached to firstname.lastname@example.org
With “QC Inspector” in the subject line
Posted 2018-09-07 08:47:01
Commercial Industrial Service Company located in Belleville is seeking a fulltime General Labourer for immediate employment.
Job Duties: • Will be assisting with all aspects of this company that does mechanical service & maintenance for a number of companies including new construction. • Safety training is an asset but employer will train
Qualifications: • Physically capable of lifting and performing in a physically demanding work environment • Must have a valid driver’s license & reliable transportation • Safety training will be provided • Must have safety work boots & hard hat • Punctuality is crucial as the work day starts at 6:30 am to 4:00 pm • Must have experience using power tools • Wage to be determined based on experience
Please apply by email with your resume attached to email@example.com
New H.E.A.T. Program!!
Posted 2018-09-07 08:46:03
New H.E.A.T. Program in Prince Edward County! Have you dreamed of working in the Hospitality Industry? Are you 18 years of age and unemployed? H.E.A.T is a Hospitality & Tourism Sector based program at Career Edge in Picton featuring two weeks of employment training & two weeks of work experience supported by a job coach During training, participants will go on a history walking tour, a wine and beer tour, and be trained on interview skills, workplace essentials, Certifications in Smart Serve, Service Excellence and Safe Food Handlers as well as go through a mock interview. You will gain experience working with an employer Interested in this exciting opportunity? Contact Barb Miller by email firstname.lastname@example.org or Call 613-885-6115
A Campbellford area Company is seeking a Bookkeeper.
• Data entry, file maintenance
• Answering phones, providing excellent customer service
• Accounts receivable and payable
• Banking reconciliation, making deposits
• Grade 12
• Previous accounting experience is preferred
• Pleasant phone manner
• Excellent organizational & communication skills
• Excellent computer skills and comfortable with Excel
• Position is full time, Monday –Friday from 9am-5pm
• Wage is TBD based on experience, employer is willing to train
• Driver’s license and reliable vehicle are required
• A clean criminal record check will be required upon offer of employment
Apply by email to: email@example.com
Attention Job Seekers!!!!
Posted 2018-08-31 11:30:47
Attention all job Seekers! If you are: unemployed, out of school and actively seeking employment … Career Edge can help! We currently have more jobs available on our job bank than we can fill and more coming in every day! We can connect you to local employers. Our goal is to help you find long term, sustainable, employment! Visit our website at www.careeredge.on.ca or contact us today. Campbellford: 705 632-0218 Picton: 613 476-6456 Napanee: 613-354-0425 Trenton: 613 392-9157 “Get the Edge” with Career Edge!
Call NOW to book an appointment!