Quinte Broadcasting Inc. and Belleville Mitsubishi
Official Rules and Regulations for “2018 Mitsubishi Mirage Giveaway”
Contest runs from Friday, September 28 to Friday, November 2, 2018.
1. Application. These contest rules (“Contest Rules”) apply to this specific contest (“Contest”) operated by Quinte Broadcasting Inc. at the applicable Quinte Broadcasting Inc. radio station (the “Station”) on which the Contest appears. By entering a Contest, entrants agree to be legally bound by the General Contest Rules, and will be deemed to have read and understood the General Contest Rules, as well as these specific Contest Rules outlined for this contest with Belleville Mitsubishi.
2. Eligibility. Unless otherwise stated, to enter the Contest and to be eligible to win, entrant must be a legal resident in Ontario. Each entrant must be over the age of majority in Ontario. Employees of Quinte Broadcasting Inc., Belleville Mitsubishi, promotional and advertising agencies or employees of any other entity involved in the development, production, administration, or fulfillment of the applicable Contest (and any person domiciled with any such employee) are ineligible to enter. Individuals that have won a Station contest within the thirty (30) days preceding the start of the applicable Contest (as well as those with whom they reside) are also not eligible to enter.
3. Prizing & Contest Period. This contest runs from Friday, September 28 to Friday, November 2, 2018. There will be 10 key winners chosen by random draw on the following dates: Friday, October 5; Friday, October 12; Friday, October 19; Friday, October 26; and Friday, November 2, 2018. The grand prize draw will be held on Saturday, November 10, 2018 at Belleville Mitsubishi.
The prize is a 2018 Mitsubishi Mirage ES in sapphire blue (VIN: ML32A3HJ5JH006217). The details of the prize will also be identified through applicable promotional materials, by the on-air host and/or on the Station website (as applicable) at the start (or before the start) of the Contest. Prize(s) may not be exactly as advertised. Prize is not convertible to cash, but may be traded in to Belleville Mitsubishi for a different vehicle. The total value of $12,448.00 CAD may be used towards the purchase of a new or used vehicle from Belleville Mitsubishi. The entire $12,448.00 CAD must be used and no change or cash will be given in return. Quinte Broadcasting Inc. reserves the right to substitute a prize, in whole or in part, in the event all or any component of a prize is unavailable. Limit of one (1) prize per household per Contest.
4. Contest Entry. No purchase necessary to enter a Contest. To enter a Contest, follow the instructions given on-air, on the Station’s website and/or via the Station’s official social networking page, as applicable.
For call-in entry: Listeners must call-in to the Station using the telephone number provided (613-962-9700) when they hear the Mix 97 Touchtone. The first five callers through will instantly be entered as key qualifiers. Listeners will be required to follow the instructions of the Station representative to validate eligibility (i.e. full name, address and phone number). Listeners may qualify as many times as they wish, but they may only win one key in total.
All entries are subject to verification at any time and for any reason. Quinte Broadcasting Inc. reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to require proof of identity and/or eligibility (in a form acceptable to Quinte Broadcasting Inc. – including, without limitation, government issued photo identification): (i) for the purposes of verifying an individual’s eligibility to participate in the applicable Contest; (ii) for the purposes of verifying the eligibility and/or legitimacy of any entry or other information entered (or purportedly entered) for the purposes of the applicable Contest; and/or (iii) for any other reason Quinte Broadcasting Inc. deems necessary, in its sole and absolute discretion, for the purposes of administering the applicable Contest in accordance with the General Contest Rules and, if provided, any further Contest-related instructions. Failure to provide such proof to the complete satisfaction of Quinte Broadcasting Inc. within the timeline specified by Quinte Broadcasting Inc. may result in disqualification in the sole and absolute discretion of Quinte Broadcasting Inc. The sole determinant of the time for each Contest will be the applicable Station’s official clock.
6. Prize Draw. For this Contest, there will be 50 key winners which will be selected from all entries received (10 names per week, as outlined in section #3). A random draw for the prize will take place by a Station representative from all eligible entries received during the applicable Contest period. The potential prize winner will be contacted using the information provided at the time of entry. In the event a potential key winner cannot be contacted within two (2) business days after the draw is made, as determined by Quinte Broadcasting Inc. at its sole discretion, or if these Contest Rules are not adhered to by a potential key winner, such potential key winner will be disqualified and will forfeit all rights to the applicable prize.
All key winners must be at Belleville Mitsubishi (720 Dundas Street West, Belleville, Ontario) on Saturday, November 10, 2018. Registration will be at 11:00AM. Key winners must bring valid photo identification at the time of registration. The prize draw will take place at approximately 12:00PM. The key winners’ names will be randomly drawn one at a time. That key winner will then select a key, of their own choosing, from a bowl of 50 keys. Only one of the 50 keys will open the lock. The key winner who chooses the key that opens the lock will win the 2018 Mitsubishi Mirage.
If for any reason, none of the keys open the lock, Quinte Broadcasting Inc. staff will conduct an alternative draw. All of the registered key winners’ names will be placed in a random draw. The first name randomly selected will be declared the winner.
7. Awarding of Prize(s). Proof of identification must be provided upon request. In order to be declared a prize winner, each potential winner must first: (i) correctly answer, unaided, a time limited mathematical skill testing question administered by Quinte Broadcasting Inc.; (ii) be verified as complying with these Contest Rules (as determined by Quinte Broadcasting Inc. in its sole and absolute discretion); and (iii) sign and return within the time stipulated by Quinte Broadcasting Inc., a full release and indemnity form (“Release Form”) stating that, among other things, he/she agrees to be available and to participate in publicity and/or promotions related to the Contest and/or Quinte Broadcasting Inc., authorizes Quinte Broadcasting Inc. (including, without limitation, the applicable Station) to broadcast, publish, disseminate and otherwise use his/her name, city/town/village and province/territory of residence, photograph, likeness, sobriquet and voice, in connection with any promotion and/or publicity, and/or for general news, entertainment and/or information purposes at no additional compensation, beyond the awarding of or participation in the applicable prize, accepts the applicable prize as offered and releases Quinte Broadcasting Inc. from any and all liability of any kind relating to the Contest and his/her receipt and use or misuse of the applicable prize.
8. Odds of Winning. The odds of winning a key will depend on the number of times the touchtone is played and how many eligible calls received. The odds of winning the grand prize is 1 in 50.
9. All decisions of Quinte Broadcasting Inc. with respect to any aspect of a Contest are final and binding on all entrants without right of appeal. Contests are subject to all applicable federal, provincial and municipal laws and regulations. ANY ENTRANT DEEMED BY QUINTE BROADCASTING INC. TO BE IN VIOLATION OF THESE CONTEST RULES FOR ANY REASON IS SUBJECT TO DISQUALIFICATION IN THE SOLE AND ABSOLUTE DISCRETION OF QUINTE BROADCASTING INC. AT ANY TIME.
10. By entering a Contest, each entrant fully releases Quinte Broadcasting Inc., Belleville Mitsubishi, advertising/promotion agencies and any other entity involved in the development, production, administration, or fulfillment of the applicable Contest from all liability of any kind relating to the Contest or his/her participation therein, including, without limitation, any liability related to: (i) any failure of the a website; (ii) any technical malfunction or other problems of any nature whatsoever, including, without limitation, those relating to the telephone network or lines, computer on-line systems, servers, access providers, computer equipment or software; (iii) the failure of any entry or other information to be received, captured or recorded for any reason whatsoever, including, but not limited to, technical problems or traffic congestion on the internet or at any website; (iv) any injury or damage to an entrant’s or any other person’s computer or other device related to or resulting from participating in a Contest; and/or (v) any combination of the above.
11. Quinte Broadcasting Inc. reserves the right to cancel, modify or suspend a Contest or to amend these Contest Rules at any time and in any way, without prior notice, for any reason whatsoever. Without limiting the foregoing, if for any reason, in the opinion of Quinte Broadcasting Inc. in its sole and absolute discretion, a Contest is not capable of running as originally planned, for example as a result of tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, mechanical manipulation or any other causes beyond its control, including any automated, macro, script, robotic or other system(s) or programs to enter, Quinte Broadcasting Inc. reserves its right to amend, cancel or suspend the applicable Contest and/or conduct a random draw from all previously received eligible entries. Without limiting the generality of the forgoing, Quinte Broadcasting Inc. reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to administer an alternate test of skill as it deems appropriate based on the circumstances and/or to comply with applicable law.
12. If it is discovered by Quinte Broadcasting Inc. (using any evidence or other information made available to or otherwise discovered by Quinte Broadcasting Inc.) that any person has attempted to: (i) exceed any of the limits stated in these Rules; and/or (ii) use multiple names, identities, social media accounts, telephone numbers, email addresses and/or any automated, macro, script, robotic or other system(s) or program(s) to enter or otherwise participate in or to disrupt this Contest; then he/she may be disqualified from the Contest in the sole and absolute discretion of Quinte Broadcasting Inc.
14. For greater certainty, each prize claimant consents to the use of their name, city of residence, likeness, comments, photograph or voice, without further compensation, in any future publicity carried out by the Station in connection with the applicable Contest.