Cyber Monday is here and it’s one of the biggest shopping days of the year. $7.8 billion is expected to be spent today!!!!
A new survey looked at online shopping habits and according to a poll of 2,000 people, here are the top five things that can make us give up and not buy something after we’ve added it to our online shopping cart . . .
1. It turns out shipping costs too much.
2. A discount code we planned to use doesn’t work.
3. It turns out it won’t ship fast enough.
4. You enter your credit card number. Then something goes wrong, and you have to re-enter it. So you have second thoughts, or you’re just too lazy to enter it again.
5. The same thing happens, but with your shipping address.
The survey also found that on average, we end up ditching 58% of the stuff we put in our online shopping carts throughout the year. And once we add something to our shopping cart, it only takes 22 seconds for us to start having second thoughts about it.
A SIDE NOTE: I was reading today that some parents are unknowingly ordering Christmas presents by discussing gifts in front of their Amazon Alexa devices. Alexa and the Google Assistant are interpreting personal conversations as commands to order gifts.
Cyber security experts say people should turn off Alexa and the Google Assistant when discussing gifts in front of them.
Probably a great idea unless you want a line of UPS trucks in front of your house!