What we talked about today….
- What a amazing night last night at the Yardmen Arena as the Belleville Senators clinched with a 4-3 shootout win in their historic home-opener! #GoSensGo
— Belleville Senators (@BellevilleSens) November 2, 2017
- The Houston Astros won their first-ever World Series last night with a 5-1 Game 7 victory over the Los Angeles Dodgers, finally winning the championship in the franchise’s 56th season. Congrats Houston!
— Houston Astros (@astros) November 2, 2017
- Pope Francis Admits He Falls While Praying! “When I pray, sometimes I fall asleep,” he said in an episode of a Catholic TV2000 television program on Youtube. “Saint Therese used to do it too”, the 80-year-old pontiff said – in reference to the 19th Century Catholic saint. He said that falling asleep during prayer actually pleased God and that Christians were called to “feel like children lying in their fathers’ arms”. Reports say that the pontiff usually goes to sleep at about 9 p.m., but wakes up at around 4 a.m., every morning.
— Dr. Katie Sharkey (@katie_sharkey) November 2, 2017
- A Twitter user posted a picture of a pizza topped with strawberries, claiming it was “the new pineapple” of pizza toppings. Mayhem ensued, with many expressing their reaction in purple prose. The conversation soon segued to that other culinary abomination, the pineapple-topped pizza. Then, the account of the user who first posted a picture of a strawberry-topped pizza was suspended, possibly for violating community standards.
— SFGate (@SFGate) November 2, 2017
- Justin talked about a movie he watched that he liked called ‘Phoenix Forgotten’. 20 years after three teenagers disappeared in the wake of mysterious lights appearing ….. three teens missing show a number with the 480 area code in it. The film takes place in 1997, but 480 area code was not created until 1999.
DANI’S DIRT brought to you by BJ THE DJ (Listen to today’s Hottest Entertainment dirt right now!)
- Life wouldn’t be complete without a daily selfie from Dani Guppy on Instagram.
- Christmas commercials and music have started. Too Early?
Posted by VT on Thursday, November 2, 2017
- Microweddings are a new growing trend. Many couples are now opting for a more intimate experience to save money or make the experience more meaningful. In a 2016 survey from The Knot, the average number of wedding guests went down to 141, from 149 in 2009. Tracy Brisson an elopement coordinator with Savannah Custom Weddings & Elopements says so for 2017, 107 couples have chosen microwedding packages — about a third of all the company’s weddings. In 2016, 88 couples chose microwedding packages, or 23 percent. A microweddnig isn’t an elopement, because it’s not a secret. There’s usually some planning involved, but much less than a traditional wedding. There is also an absence of tradition with less decorations, and may be not held in a church. Millennials are big on this trend since they’re marrying older, and often paying for all of the wedding themselves.
Microweddings are the latest trend in the wedding industry. Did you go small on the big day as well? https://t.co/VQVP4DDJGC
— SimpleRegistry (@SimpleRegistry) October 31, 2017
- Photo of the day from Justin Anderson on Instagram.
THE HOTTEST ‘TRENDING VIDEO’S OF THE DAY’
- Yes this is real! KFC bath bombs!
This KFC Fried-Chicken-Scented Bath Bomb Will Make You Smell Finger-Lickin' Good https://t.co/ZqxxbhvfLT
— Fans Of Beauty (@FansOfBeauty) November 2, 2017